Salary: £25,000/annum (depending on experience)
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant to join a busy, friendly team in Daventry. The successful candidate will deliver exceptional service to a variety of internal and external contacts. Working as a member of the Accounts Team, commitment and supporting others is essential to the role.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Creating records on CRM database and allocating costs/sales
- Managing applications for payment to ensure submitted on time
- Creating sales invoices and obtaining quotations
- Liaising with suppliers to raise purchase orders and arranging deliveries to sites
- Ensuring site access has been discussed and suppliers informed of requirements
- Verifying Sub-Contractors on the HMRC Portal and submitting monthly CIS return
- Posting purchase and sales invoices
- Allocating/posting the receipts and payments
- Supporting schedules for the accounts and posting relevant journals including prepayments, accruals, fixed assets, work in progress, CIS and retentions
- Reconcile the Bank Account and Inter Company to Cash Book and Bank Statement
- Calculate monthly commission payments, prepare BACS payments and process P11D’s
- Great communication skills (written and verbal)
- Desire to work collaboratively alongside internal and external contacts
- Ability to use a PC including Microsoft Office applications, Sage 50 and/or MS Dynamics (desirable)
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
- Experience of working with a construction contract environment would be an advantage (especially submitting CIS returns)
- Flexible approach to teamwork
This role may require the successful candidate to work occasional evenings and/or weekends if required to meet a tight deadline.
Sunshine Recruitment Group Ltd is an innovative, progressive recruitment consultancy where people matter. We are an equal opportunities employer and proactively support work-life balance.